Home Delivered Meals
Guidelines for Home Delivered Meals:
Home delivered meals may be provided for persons in the 8 counties that Area IV serves (Benton, Carroll, Clinton, Fountain, Montgomery, Tippecanoe, Warren and White) who are homebound and over the age of 60.
- Hot meals may be available Monday through Friday to be delivered (depending on the area in which you live).
- Frozen meals may be available for you to heat, but would be picked up by you or a family/friend at the closest meal site in sets of five.
- Special meals for diabetic adults or those with special needs may be available.
- For clients at nutritional risk, we offer individualized nutritional counseling. Nutritional education is offered to all home delivered meal participants.
Monetary Contribution for Meals:
Home delivered meals are funded through the federal Older Americans Act and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. However, contributions from participants are very important and a voluntary contribution is gratefully accepted in order to help as many people as possible with meals.
- The full requested contribution for a meal is $5.00.
- If your income is under $1,000 a month, a requested contribution is less (lowest request contribution is $3/meal).
- However, no one of age 60 or older and homebound will be refused a meal if they cannot contribute toward the cost.
How to Obtain Home Delivered Meals:
To order home-delivered meals, contact Area IV Information and Assistance Dept. at 765-447-7683 or 800-382-7556. An assessment of your situation and needs will be done and a referral made for an Options Counselor to visit your home. A nutritional assessment will be done at that time.
The meals are provided by Midland Meals. Although the majority of the funding for the home delivered meals is through the Older Americans Act (Title III) other sources may include Medicaid Waiver through the federal government and the generous donations of our meal provider’s Board.
Meals for Persons Who Don't Qualify for Older American's Act Meals
If you would like to receive meals, but do not qualify for the meals through Area IV by being homebound or over the age of 60, you may contact Midland Meals (765-477-7189 or 800-466-7189) to receive the meals and privately pay them without going through the Area IV procedure.