Information and Assistance Department
Aging and Disability Resource Center
This is your first stop to receive information about how to navigate the maze of aging and disability-related services. We offer:
- Options for Care for helping yourself or a disabled or aging loved one remain independent;
- Referrals to appropriate agencies and services to assist you. We maintain a database of approximately 1300 resources for assistance in the 8 counties we serve
- Family consultations
- Personal needs assessments
- In-home services assessments and referrals for Area IV’s funded services, including CHOICE and Medicaid Waiver.
- Home delivered meals referrals
- Information about procedures
- Resource Center lending library of books and videos on caregiving, pamphlets, information and listing of specific types of resources.
- SHIP Counseling: Assistance in understanding Medicare issues, as well as assistance in searching for Medicare Pt. D. prescription plans, and in applying for Medicare subsidies that pay for premiums of Pt. B and Pt. D.
- Speakers: Will provide speakers to explain Area IV services or community resources available.
- Senior Resource Guide: While this book contains information about resources available to you, we encourage you to contact our Dept. to talk to someone about your personal situation. We may have ideas for resources that you don’t know to ask about!
Area IV is a member of the Indiana Care Circle, an organization dedicated to working for quality care through networking with other professionals in the field.